If you have not yet set up your Apple TV, get started here. You should also make sure that you're running the latest iOS version on your device.
Watching Aereo on your TV with AppleTV
- Once your Apple TV is set up, scroll over to ‘Settings’ on the Apple TV menu.
- Scroll down to AirPlay and make sure that AirPlay is ‘On’.
- Turn your TV and Apple TV device on. Make sure that your TV is set to the HDMI input that your Apple TV is hooked up to and that your Apple TV and device are connected to the same internet network.
- Make sure that the correct AV input on your TV is selected.
- Log in to Aereo.com on a supported Apple device and select the show you want to watch.
- When your stream has begun, tap the viewing pane to reveal extra viewing options.
- On the right side of the stream bar, tap the middle image to reveal the AirPlay menu. This will reveal the devices you are able to stream to, including the device that you’re holding.
- Click Apple TV. The stream will stop on your device, and begin playing on your TV. Your device becomes your remote control.
- Not seeing the AirPlay icon? If so, we recommend checking out this link. Also, be sure that you are using the same WiFi network on your device as your Apple TV.
- For information on troubleshooting quality issues, click here.